In this episode featuring entrepreneur and designer Richard Burton, you’ll learn:
- The basics of stock option equity packages commonly used as financial incentives for startup employees
- Why stock options can be “golden handcuffs” for employees
- How misunderstanding small details of your stock option incentive package can cost you millions
- Why ‘protocol equity’ potentially offers a better compensation outcome for talent
- How protocol equity shines in areas where stock option compensation does not
About The Author
Richard Burton is the CEO and co-founder of Balance, a free, open source Mac app for your money. Balance’s goal is to make it easy for everyone to use the blockchain. Prior to founding Balance, Burton was a designer for the Ethereum project, a freelance designer, and worked on the growth team at Stripe.