In this episode featuring 21 Co-Founder and a16z Partner Balaji Srinivasan, you’ll learn:
- The basics of what a digital token is, how various tokens differ from each other, and why tokens have surged in interest lately
- Why tokens have only recently become possible due to years of digital currency infrastructure
- What exactly you receive or hold rights to when you purchase a digital token
- Why tokens are such a compelling alternative to traditional financing
- How token models enable fundamentally new types of business models that could power the next wave of internet companies
About The Author
Balaji Srinivasan is the CEO and co-founder of 21, a platform that facilitates paid messages from people outside their network. Srinivasan is also a Board Partner at Andressen Horowitz, a pre-eminent venture capital firm based in Silicon Valley. Balaji holds both dual Masters degrees and a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. Prior to founding a16z and 21, Balaji founded Counsyl, a DNA testing and genetic counseling service.